Skip to content

Home Forums Other Where did all the friendships go?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
  • Generally, I think it is a little true that people are more self-absorbed, and I think economic boom-times go hand in hand with that. Why keep friendship, if the house returns 20% every year. Same when I was going out in San Diego, I only met people working in real-estate or owned a house in La Jolla. So basically, either you own a house or you are a loser. I think this is what recessions exist for. Purging excesses, bring back people down to earth. Having some friends to help in hard times. Hey, what’s better than a friend. It’s entertaining and free! So I hope it’s going to get there.
  • It has a little to do with getting older, having busy lives, and also expecting more from other people. Still a lot of people are calling me, but if you aren’t nice to them or give them something in return, they will stop calling. So it’s up to oneself to offer something to one’s friends, like calling them yourself or taking them to places they like (restaurants, movies, beach, sport).
  • Finding new friends is also difficult, since most people don’t have time, and why would they talk to one of a thousand strangers that they have nothing in common? A good conduct will also help to get yourself friends. I have one friend who always calls me and tells me about all his problems, how rude people are to him, that nobody is calling him back, that people tell him that he stinks, etc. He always gets upset and yells about everything. I told him, that it isn’t a surprise that nobody wants to hang out with him. Why doesn’t he work on himself a little, get himself cleaned up, do sports, be nice and courteous. I guess he hadn’t thought of that.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.