Skip to content

Home Forums Housing Ex-in-laws (3rd party creditors) want to foreclose on my condo

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 391 total)
  • Author
  • The actual names or info that would easily lead to the identity of all of the parties involved have not been revealed, therefore the statements in the blog so far have been harmful to exactly who?

Of the statements so far:

• That frenchlambda had signed an agreement w/ ex & ex-inlaws handing over the Trust Deed in return for a promisory agreement(effectively reimbursement of his portion of premarital assets) – fact, there is a signed document to the effect
  • That the ex-inlaws are threatening foreclosure – may or may not be fact, if it is.. there is a trace through docs which will make frenchlambda immune to libel. He is the one who made the statement.
  • That the MSA negated the “stipulation and order” document – fact, there is a signed document to the effect
  • That what was done was on the edge of legal and that the ex-wife’s attorney was wily? – I don’t think the ex-wife’s attorney would object to being considered wily. If you needed an attorney, you would probably want one with that skill set on your side. As for the ex-husbands attorney being out maneuvered by the ex-wife’s attorney, it is basically a statement of fact shown by the progression of the “stipulation and order” followed by the MSA, AND we are not using names here – so it is not identifiable to a specific individual

Personally, I don’t see anything that would lead to libel here. Libel against whom too?

Remember:

Yes. Truth is an absolute defense to a defamation claim. But keep in mind that the truth may be difficult and expensive to prove.

Highlighted may intentionally. If you have signed documents, it is fairly clear cut. The best rule is to keep it real.

There are actual blog sites that deal with IP, patent and legal issues. see Groklaw. These sites are up and running, and address legal issues that some individual would like to sweep under the rug, and yet they survive.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.