Trump presidency predictions

User Forum Topic
Submitted by zk on December 8, 2016 - 2:37pm

Let's hear your predictions for trump's presidency. In 4 (or, god forbid, 8) years, we'll see who was right. Some of my predictions are on these threads:

http://piggington.com/its_bad_day_human_...

http://piggington.com/ot_predictions_201...

and I'll make some more here soon.

In the mean time, if any of you trump voters are actually bold enough to predict good things, let's see it right here where we can all access it in 4 years.

Submitted by spdrun on December 8, 2016 - 2:47pm.

I can predict that he will be unpredictable.

Submitted by flu on December 8, 2016 - 3:25pm.

I predict it will cost me.a heck of lot more to buy a Porsche 911s in a few years.

I predict Fiat will pull out of the U.S.

I also predict clean diesel from VW is dead in North America for the next decade. Too bad.

Submitted by flu on December 8, 2016 - 3:27pm.

Finally, I predict if you want to become famous, post video severely criticizing Trump, then wait for Trump to take the time to tweet about you...kinda like what happened to the Carrier union boss, lol.

Submitted by livinincali on December 8, 2016 - 3:36pm.

I predict a fairly severe recession that would have happened no matter who was president. I also think he'll likely be a one term president, but I thought the same thing about both major candidates.

Submitted by The-Shoveler on December 8, 2016 - 4:50pm.

I think just based on demographics and the laws already passed to raise minimum wage 50% in most western states over the next 5-6 years, that the economy will be
(or would be) booming irregardless of who is in office.

Inflation will go up about 20% over that time frame as well IMO.

Most likely who ever is (or would have been in office) will get a free ride out of that.

Anyway IMO, not positive or negative on Trump.

Submitted by no_such_reality on December 8, 2016 - 5:09pm.

Four years of bickering and bitter partisanship followed by a boatload of Department Heads finding out they are relatively powerless to actually affect change as they want within the Government body as everything gets driven to the courts.

Kind of like Congress of Obstruction x2 followed up with Lawsuits of PACs.

Submitted by spdrun on December 8, 2016 - 5:46pm.

Shoveler: yeah. Unemployed youth competing for jerbs that are being automated and priced out of existence, while having their educational opportunities and access to insurance limited by a stingy GOP admin should make for a fun show. Might lead to French type of protests with cities shut down if not more fun.

Submitted by The-Shoveler on December 8, 2016 - 5:57pm.

OK I guess we will need to wait 4 years.

Submitted by harvey on December 8, 2016 - 6:20pm.

Economy: Hard to predict any specific events as much of his policies will be stimulative in the short term, and payback may not come for four years or more. Could be like the Bush years but there are too many factors to say it will be an identical replay.

Foreign Policy: He has to do "something" about terrorism in order to keep face, and that can only mean boots-on-the-ground operations. Hard to see a way out of this for him without a significant military deployment, especially since the economy may necessitate a distraction.

Immigration: Lots of theatrics and gimmicks. Not much will actually change.

Healthcare: Dumping Obamacare will take much longer than he said it will because he'll get pushback from Republican congress. Ultimately there will be some half-baked tax credit scheme that will put it back to much the same place as it was in 2008. He'll declare it fixed and try to manipulate the media into agreeing with him.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on December 8, 2016 - 8:54pm.

i predict the public will turn on him in 723 days from inauguration.

Submitted by Rich Toscano on December 8, 2016 - 8:59pm.

I think this probably sums it up:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-sho...

Submitted by scaredyclassic on December 8, 2016 - 11:16pm.

also, he will gain 1.5 lbs per mo. during his presidency. he will end it morbidly obese. he will die of a heart attack on june 17, 2020.

in 2020, i will be stronger than i am today.

Submitted by NotCranky on December 8, 2016 - 11:19pm.

First presidential gastric by-pass surgery?

Submitted by njtosd on December 8, 2016 - 11:52pm.

scaredyclassic wrote:
also, he will gain 1.5 lbs per mo. during his presidency. he will end it morbidly obese. he will die of a heart attack on june 17, 2020.

in 2020, i will be stronger than i am today.

Am I missing something? I get that you don't like Trump - but why the emphasis on obesity? Have you and FlyerInHi joined forces?

Submitted by Ribbles on December 9, 2016 - 7:37am.

livinincali wrote:
I predict a fairly severe recession that would have happened no matter who was president. I also think he'll likely be a one term president, but I thought the same thing about both major candidates.

This. He will also take much of the blame for it, as H would have had she won.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on December 9, 2016 - 7:44am.

because hes so fat. hes very fat. too fat to be president. 5th fattest president ever as of now. will be in top 3, maybe fattest ever. hes a pig. the media talked about christies fat, but donalds fat is hiding in plain sight. hes an unhealthy rotund slob.

fat shamer be shamed!

infowars v. wapo. why is the onion getting scoops like this and beating out major mediaoutlets?

http://www.theonion.com/article/donald-t...

Submitted by zk on December 9, 2016 - 8:42am.

Ribbles wrote:
livinincali wrote:
I predict a fairly severe recession that would have happened no matter who was president. I also think he'll likely be a one term president, but I thought the same thing about both major candidates.

This. He will also take much of the blame for it, as H would have had she won.

Transparent bullshit. Predict a recession, and then if it doesn't happen, you can say it's because of your guy. If it does, you say it would've happened anyway.

All that enthusiasm for trump, and not one single positive prediction. I wonder why that is.

Submitted by njtosd on December 9, 2016 - 10:15am.

scaredyclassic wrote:
because hes so fat. hes very fat. too fat to be president. 5th fattest president ever as of now. will be in top 3, maybe fattest ever. hes a pig. the media talked about christies fat, but donalds fat is hiding in plain sight. hes an unhealthy rotund slob.

fat shamer be shamed!

infowars v. wapo. why is the onion getting scoops like this and beating out major mediaoutlets?

http://www.theonion.com/article/donald-trump-stares-forlornly-at-tiny-aged-penis-i-28589

Hmm - yes, he is fat. But Hillary has gone in that direction over the last few years - she's certainly no Elizabeth Warren. If your issue is hypocrisy - politics has a lot of low hanging fruit.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on December 9, 2016 - 11:14am.

zk wrote:

All that enthusiasm for trump, and not one single positive prediction. I wonder why that is.

Because Trump is just American badass. People like the talk; makes them feel good. But no intellectual rigor.

Submitted by Ribbles on December 9, 2016 - 10:42am.

zk wrote:
Transparent bullshit. Predict a recession, and then if it doesn't happen, you can say it's because of your guy. If it does, you say it would've happened anyway.

All that enthusiasm for trump, and not one single positive prediction. I wonder why that is.

Where exactly in those posts did you deduce that he's "your guy?" Or are you just reading into things hoping to find a conservative to bash? I think he's an idiot who is on track to set us back decades. I certainly didn't vote for him.

Submitted by zk on December 9, 2016 - 11:24am.

Ribbles wrote:
zk wrote:
Transparent bullshit. Predict a recession, and then if it doesn't happen, you can say it's because of your guy. If it does, you say it would've happened anyway.

All that enthusiasm for trump, and not one single positive prediction. I wonder why that is.

Where exactly in those posts did you deduce that he's "your guy?" Or are you just reading into things hoping to find a conservative to bash? I think he's an idiot who is on track to set us back decades. I certainly didn't vote for him.

You're right, Ribbles. I shouldn't have lumped you in with livinincali.

Livinincali, what about you? I guess you haven't come right out and said (that I remember) that you're a trump supporter. You've indicated some support for some of his ideas. You've agreed with him that global warming isn't human-caused. Are you a trump supporter? Do you think he'll do well? Any positive predictions?

Now that he's won, are there any trump supporters out there? bg, you are clearly a big supporter. Any positive predictions?

Submitted by FlyerInHi on December 9, 2016 - 12:06pm.

I think the economy will do worse because Trump's style is reactionary in nature. He lurches in all directions and that's not stable or good for business. For evidence, you can look at this own business career. With the money he inherited, he could have invested deliberately and become richer. But he likes to lurch in all directions, spinning his wheels, doing risky work that didn't increase his networth. Other rich Americans families have done much better (like the Koch brothers).

Submitted by zk on December 9, 2016 - 12:19pm.

I predict that the shrinking of the middle class will accelerate.

I predict the lower-middle class, working class, and poor will all be economically worse off.

Trump promises to bring back jobs to the middle class. His policies will have the opposite effect. He'll hurt unions, which will hurt the middle class. He may cause a trade war, which would hurt the middle class. His lowering of corporate taxes will do nothing for the middle class; it will only help raise corporate profits and widen the gap between worker pay and ceo pay. Health insurance will be more burdensome for the lower middle class and poorer. If he is successful in screwing with medicare (which I predict he will try to do), that will really hurt the lower middle class and poorer.

I predict that international relations will suffer. Possibly a trade war, possibly conflicts over Syria, isis, and North Korea, and with Russia and China.

I predict that he will repeatedly act poorly in response to insults/negative comments, resulting in friction between him/his administration and many other entities: foreign countries, senators, congressman, governors, corporations, unions, government agencies, individuals, etc. And I predict that this friction will, in many cases, result in harm to our country and its people.

I predict he won't build the wall that he promised, and that whatever pale shadow of that wall he does get built, if any, will not be paid for by Mexico.

I predict that the deplorable tenor he has brought to our national discourse will continue for a couple years, until cooler heads prevail, the tide turns against that kind of talk, he's no longer cheered for it, and trump himself reins it in. But the damage is done.

I predict more made-for-tv deals like the Carrier one. I predict that they will have negligible effect on anything, except distracting from the real economic issues at hand.

I predict that America's standing in the world will suffer. We may even no longer be looked at as the leaders of the free world (an outdated term, but that's what we're seen as).

I predict that he will continue to lie about easily-verifiable things, and this will cost him credibility around the world, as people learn to doubt anything he says.

I predict that his selection of morons like Ben Carson, scary fucks like Jeff Sessions, lunatics like Michael Flynn, and other assorted jackasses/losers, along with his reliance on family and those who have been loyal to him (regardless of their other merits - or lack thereof) will result in a general condition of infighting, incompetence, conflict, and malevolence in the trump administration.

I predict that the right-wing media will either blame all this on the "liberals," or they'll say everything is great, despite it not being great. I predict that trump supporters will buy whichever b.s. they decide to go with.

That's most of it.

I'm hanging it out there, trump supporters. You can point to all this in 4 years and tell me how wrong I am, if I am (I hope I am).

One more: I predict that no trump supporters will have the guts to make any substantive, positive predictions about trump's presidency.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on December 9, 2016 - 12:20pm.

I agree, zk. Trumpismo is pretty much the beginning of the end of american exceptionalism which is ironic because Trumpistas voted for America First.

Submitted by AN on December 9, 2016 - 12:31pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
I agree, zk. Trumpismo is pretty much the beginning of the end of american exceptionalism which is ironic because Trumpistas voted for America First.
Total BS. American Exceptionalism can't be killed by one man. That's the same BS that the right wing nut job have been peddling for the last 8 years.

Here's my prediction...
- Housing: more expensive
- Income: higher
- Rent: higher
- Stock: higher
- Inflation: higher
- Labor participation: higher
- Standard of living: better than it is today

Submitted by FlyerInHi on December 9, 2016 - 12:38pm.

AN wrote:
FlyerInHi wrote:
I agree, zk. Trumpismo is pretty much the beginning of the end of american exceptionalism which is ironic because Trumpistas voted for America First.
Total BS. American Exceptionalism can't be killed by one man.

Here's my prediction...
- Housing: more expensive
- Income: higher
- Rent: higher
- Stock: higher
- Inflation: higher
- Labor participation: higher
- Standard of living: better than it is today

That's not what I meant by exceptionalism. That's just money. By your measures, Dubai and Singapore are better than we are. What about the growth and wealth creation in China?

We are exceptional because of our ideas and governance. Trumpismo is moving us in the direction of Chavismo or Putinism.

BTW, I agree with the above broad measures because overall civilization moves forward, in all countries.. but it will be uneven and there will be losers.

But hey, fuck it, the deplorables who voted for Trump own him. There's no bitching allowed on their part if he screws it up for them.

I always knew there was wide deplorable thinking in this country but I was always confident we were better than that. The Trump win caused me to stop caring for the deplorable working and middle class. Let Trump feed them when they're down and out. We concentrate on own business and helping people like undocumented immigrants who appreciate our efforts.

Submitted by zk on December 9, 2016 - 12:43pm.

AN wrote:

Here's my prediction...
- Housing: more expensive
- Income: higher
- Rent: higher
- Stock: higher
- Inflation: higher
- Labor participation: higher
- Standard of living: better than it is today

Interesting predictions. Just for the record, when you say better standard of living, are you including the middle class in that?

Submitted by mixxalot on December 9, 2016 - 12:47pm.

more mosquitos zika? Been biting BG lately I see?

Submitted by FlyerInHi on December 9, 2016 - 12:54pm.

zk wrote:
Just for the record, when you say better standard of living, are you including the middle class in that?

Since I agreed with AN, I'll give my take.

It depends what you define as the middle class. "Midlde class" in the British sense or the professional middle class will continue to well. Just make sure your kids don't slack off and fall below.

The US will be more like China where the middle class suffers anxiety in making sure their kids don't fall behind.

Submitted by livinincali on December 9, 2016 - 1:04pm.

zk wrote:

You're right, Ribbles. I shouldn't have lumped you in with livinincali.

Livinincali, what about you? I guess you haven't come right out and said (that I remember) that you're a trump supporter. You've indicated some support for some of his ideas. You've agreed with him that global warming isn't human-caused. Are you a trump supporter? Do you think he'll do well? Any positive predictions?

Now that he's won, are there any trump supporters out there? bg, you are clearly a big supporter. Any positive predictions?

Wasn't a Trump supporter. Voted for Gary Johnson not that he would have changed things that much either. I honestly don't think who is US president can really effect that much change into today's economy or policy. Maybe to some degree but not as much as people think. People that think things would be horrifically bad under Trump but extremely rosy under Hillary are delusional. Of course there's no way for either side to prove they were right so why waste time arguing over religion.

The problem is that even if protectionist policies or major changes to the healthcare system would be good in the long term they will be economically damaging in the short term. Even if his policies were good it might be 10+ years to see the benefit of them and in that case someone else will likely get the credit.

As for global warming nobody really knows how much warming is due to man made warming due to the burning of fossil fuels. Obviously there are other factors such as the sun energy output and just earth's overall ecosystem that is honestly too complex for us to understand. We can't even predict local weather that well. We certainly don't have a complete model for earth's global climate and what percent of warming is caused by man. The earth has been far hotter and colder before man was even a species on this rock.

Even if you come to conclusion that man made global warming is real and fossil fuel consumption needs to be reduced by 50%, 80% or whatever are you prepared to live with the reduced standard of living that would entail. I don't think most of the humans on the planet are ready to voluntarily do that. There isn't a cheap reliable energy source other than nuclear technologies and nobody seems to want to go down that path either. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to research better energy technologies, but putting some sort of artificial constraint on economic growth via carbon taxes or some other mechanism isn't the right approach. Honestly most of us living in SoCal are the worst offenders on the planet when it comes to energy consumption and carbon output.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.