July 26, 2006 at 1:01 PM #7009powaysellerParticipant
I heard 3 foreclosure ads today.
TV ads in the last 5 minutes:
* Every house must be sold, as they are in foreclosure. Call 1-800-830-2755
* Call consumer credit card company XYZ to get help in making your bill payments, as costs are going up
* Don’t lose your house to foreclosure. Call 1-800-outofBK
* Check out the low summer rates at the Coronado Del.
Is it usual for the Del Coronado to advertise for their low summer rates? Aren’t they usually full this time of year? With newspapers saying our town is full of Phoenicians escaping the summer heat, you’d think the hotel Del has no vacancies?
Last week, I mentioned I was renting water equipment at Dana Point, and saw only 2 other families renting, on a nice afternoon day. The fish shack across the street had only a dozen customers, tops, at dinner. Has anyone else noticed any signs of tourism dropping? Or is it the same as last year, or even booming? Perhaps my observations are anomalies.
Also have noticed 2 more vacancies in retail centers in Poway.July 26, 2006 at 2:43 PM #29714AnonymousGuest
This is purely ancedotal, but I have noticed that Coronado traffic is lighter this summer and the restaurants seem less crowded. The 3rd and 4th of July were exceptions, but it seems like the tourists are gone.
Another thing I have noticed is that the motels around the marina and airport area of Point Loma seem quiet, too.July 26, 2006 at 4:50 PM #29736July 26, 2006 at 4:50 PM #29737July 26, 2006 at 4:59 PM #29738
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.