Ron Paul Questions and Concerns Well

User Forum Topic
Submitted by markmax33 on October 26, 2011 - 12:42pm

All,
I would like to personally address anyone's questions about Ron Paul,

liberty or the free market in this well. Please ask questions about our current flawed foreign policy, our flawed education system, our 14.8 trillion dollars of debt, or our National Offense.

Ron Paul 2012!

Submitted by harvey on October 26, 2011 - 2:54pm.

From the other thread:

markmax33 wrote:
Wouldn't you rather let your local or state government determine how to deal with the horned frog of the southwest that is only in San Diego county?

Recently, my son and I saw a Bald Eagle in the San Jacinto mountains. It was the first time I had seen this beautiful and proud creature in southern California.

The Bald Eagle was almost extinct until just a few years ago. Because of federal environmental protection laws, populations of the bird have recovered.

Individual eagles have a wide territory. They have no concept of state boundaries.

So now Ron Paul wants to remove protection for Bald Eagles. The states will take no action to protect them, as they are the national bird and not a state bird.

Ron Paul as president will destroy the Bald Eagle.

Why does Ron Paul want to kill our national symbol?

Why does Ron Paul hate America?

Submitted by jeeman on October 26, 2011 - 3:03pm.

Bald Eagles are best with A-1 sauce.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 26, 2011 - 3:46pm.

Why is he so old?

Submitted by markmax33 on October 26, 2011 - 4:53pm.

pri_dk wrote:
From the other thread:

markmax33 wrote:
Wouldn't you rather let your local or state government determine how to deal with the horned frog of the southwest that is only in San Diego county?

Recently, my son and I saw a Bald Eagle in the San Jacinto mountains. It was the first time I had seen this beautiful and proud creature in southern California.

The Bald Eagle was almost extinct until just a few years ago. Because of federal environmental protection laws, populations of the bird have recovered.

Individual eagles have a wide territory. They have no concept of state boundaries.

So now Ron Paul wants to remove protection for Bald Eagles. The states will take no action to protect them, as they are the national bird and not a state bird.

Ron Paul as president will destroy the Bald Eagle.

Why does Ron Paul want to kill our national symbol?

Why does Ron Paul hate America?

You make the assumption that individual state and local regulators cannot work together to create a solution and that for some odd reason people in Washington DC need to do it. How do you come to that conclusion? That seems VERY incorrect to me knowing the local state regulators in the southwestern 10 states.
In almost EVERY industry, trade group, hobby group in America has a private group of individuals come together to discuss and influence variety of topics. They often pool their resources and lobby the local regulators in multiple states and I can offer thousands of examples of this and they are quite successful with the right support.
Would you rather be taxed at 0% as a federal income tax rate and join a society to protect and rebuild the Bald Eagle population with the 35% of tax money that you save if that is important to you and your friends? We had 0% federal income tax in 1913, so this isn't a far-fetched idea by any means.
What if we keep supporting non-constitutional policies of the GOV that goes beyond what the constitution allows and that GOV supported the near extinction of the (this is hypothetical but real example) of the Omega Crow that was known to hunt bald eagles and kill them. Everyone in America hates the Omega Eagle. The EPA would then save the Omega Crow and the Bald Eagle only to see them both kill each other in the wild at the expense of millions of dollars.
The current EPA protects ALL species, important or non-important and they bog down all sorts of industries doing so. Many of these species would have been extinct without any help from mankind. In California we have to shut down multi-million dollar projects because of ferry shrimp. These shrimp are the bottom of the food chain, nobody cares about them but the EPA regulation wastes millions if not billions of dollars on them per year. For every $1 of tax money you send to the EPA, probably less than 1/100 of one cent goes towards anything bald eagle related. We now have a national environmental regulator, a California regulator, and all sorts of coast regulators. How many layers of GOV do you wish to pay for?
The main issue here is liberty. For every one thing that you can point out that you would like to see the GOV regulate, I could point towards 100 things that the same money goes towards for things that you hate. Once you give the GOV power to start taking liberty and your tax money and allocate in places that your neighbor doesn't care about, your neighbor will start getting money allocated in places you don't care about and see as waste.
We are now $14.8 Trillion in debt and bring in about $2.5 Trillion per year. Hyper-inflation has happened EVERY TIME there was a fiat currency in history. There are literally 1000s of cases of fiat currencies created and destroyed. Our dollar has been very lucky so far. If the dollar fails there will be NO MONEY FOR THE BALD EAGLE. Ron Paul is the only Presidential candidate that is pushing to audit and get rid of the Federal Reserve, therefore he is the only President that would save the Bald Eagle. You must vote for him if you love the bald eagle.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 26, 2011 - 5:00pm.

walterwhite wrote:
Why is he so old?

Ron Paul is probably the fittest of the candidates and challenged all the presidential contenders to join him on his 20 mile bike ride in the middle of the summer in Houston with 110 degree temps and 100% humidity. He is the world's most interesting man in real life and can defeat Chuck Norris while delivering twin babies and drinking a Dos Equis.

Submitted by curiousmind on October 26, 2011 - 5:00pm.

pri_dk wrote:
The Bald Eagle was almost extinct until just a few years ago. Because of federal environmental protection laws, populations of the bird have recovered.

Sources please.

Submitted by The-Shoveler on October 26, 2011 - 5:01pm.

Flat currency I always heard Ron Paul was for a flat currency, (forgive me if I am wrong about that),

It's just I don't want to repay China with Gold (or anyone else for that matter),

We are a little like Greece you know.

we will be needing to inflate our way out of this mess fairly soon. (mostly it's the fixed income with no debt crowd that likes this flat currency Idea).

Really we don’t need anything from China or the middle east for that matter so I don’t worry about them not taking our money.

Submitted by svelte on October 26, 2011 - 7:07pm.

Nor-LA-SD-GUY2 wrote:

Really we don’t need anything from China or the middle east for that matter so I don’t worry about them not taking our money.

I thought we needed their neodymium, yttrium, and dysprosium?

Submitted by svelte on October 26, 2011 - 7:07pm.

jeeman wrote:
Bald Eagles are best with A-1 sauce.

I bet you're pretty tasty that way yourself. Yumm! On my barby with you...

Submitted by The-Shoveler on October 27, 2011 - 6:02am.

svelte wrote:
Nor-LA-SD-GUY2 wrote:

Really we don’t need anything from China or the middle east for that matter so I don’t worry about them not taking our money.

I thought we needed their neodymium, yttrium, and dysprosium?

They have found very large deposits just off the coast of Hawaii and we used to and can again mine our own just like china as well

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/0...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/0...

Submitted by The-Shoveler on October 27, 2011 - 8:43am.

Currently, the Salton Sea in California contains enough geothermal energy locked in salt-brine to meet the entire electrical needs of the United States 20 times

Salton Sea Geothermal Field, California

The Salton Buttes lie within the Salton Sea geothermal field, where temperatures at 1.5 to 2.5 kilometers reach 360 degrees C, and sediments of the Colorado River delta are begin metamorphosed to greenschist facies. -- Excerpt from: Wood and Kienle, 1990, Volcanoes of North America: United States and Canada: Cambridge University Press, 354p., p.245, Contribution by: L. J. Patrick Muffler
The Salton Sea geothermal field lies in the Salton Trough, the landward extension of the Gulf of California, an area of active crustal spreading. The Salton Buttes volcanoes lie within the Salton Sea geothermal field where temperatures measured in wells drilled for geothermal brines range up to 360 degrees C at depths of 1,500 to 2,500 meters (Helgeson, 1968). The wells produce a hot brine containing up to 160,000 ppm of dissolved solids, chiefly Cl, Na, K, Ca, and Fe (White, 1968). Under the influence of this hot saline brine, the sediments of the Salton Trough are being transformed into metamorphic rocks of the greenschist facies (Muffler and White, 1969). -- Excerpt from: Robinson, Elders, and Muffler, 1976, Quaternary volcanism in the Salton Sea geothermal field, Imperial Valley, California: GSA Bulletin 87, p.347-360, March 1976

Submitted by markmax33 on October 27, 2011 - 12:57pm.

Nor-LA-SD-GUY2 wrote:
Flat currency I always heard Ron Paul was for a flat currency, (forgive me if I am wrong about that),

It's just I don't want to repay China with Gold (or anyone else for that matter),

We are a little like Greece you know.

we will be needing to inflate our way out of this mess fairly soon. (mostly it's the fixed income with no debt crowd that likes this flat currency Idea).

Really we don’t need anything from China or the middle east for that matter so I don’t worry about them not taking our money.

There are few things to clarify. A fiat currency (with an I not an L) is a currency that is not linked to a hard commodity such as gold or silver. The fiat currency is merely a piece of paper that the bankers at the federal reserve can print at will. The federal reserve printed and handed out 15 Trillion dollars in loans last year which is about 7 times the amount of money the US government collects in taxes in one year. To me this means the federal reserve has atleast 7 times the power of the US federal government and nobody even realizes it. EVERY SINGLE FIAT CURRENCY HAS FAILED IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. We can not allow these bankers to control us and our money or we will see hyperinflation like EVERY OTHER FIAT CURRENCY has experienced. You will wake up one day and a loaf of bread will go from $2 on Monday and on Friday it will be $10. It has happened every time. We delinked the currency from gold in 1971 under Richard Nixon. $35 used to be worth an ounce of gold. Our founding fathers warned us about this because the English currency failed and the colonies revolted. They knew better and banned it but it was snuck congress and passed in 1913.
A flat tax is a tax that everyone has to pay and is neither progressive or regressive. It implies everyone, poor or rich pays the same amount of money on every dollar they earn.
It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to inflate your way out of a bubble. It creates hyperinflation and then the currency fails. It is better to have a system without a central bank that inflates bubbles, remember without the central bank to inflate the housing bubble through artificially low interest rates and Fannie mae and Freddie Mac this could have never happened. The free market always corrects itself like a stretched spring. The further you inflate the bubble and stretch the spring out, the harder it snaps back in the other direction. It is better to let the whole housing market fail and get the GOV out of the housing business and then let the market build back from a healthy point. If your school teachers and fireman can't buy a house comfortably without a crazy loan, you have a housing bubble.

Submitted by harvey on October 27, 2011 - 2:15pm.

markmax33 wrote:
EVERY SINGLE FIAT CURRENCY HAS FAILED IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

EXCEPT FOR THE ONES THAT HAVEN'T.

SUCH AS EVERY CURRENCY IN THE WORLD TODAY.

Ron Paul even wants to kill the Bald Eagles on dollar bills.

The man is ruthless.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 27, 2011 - 2:16pm.

Pretty much everything works till it doesn't. Hasn't ever metals based currency also failed? I mean, the ones that failed.

Submitted by aldante on October 27, 2011 - 2:47pm.

Nor-LA-SD-GUY2 wrote:
Flat currency I always heard Ron Paul was for a flat currency, (forgive me if I am wrong about that),

It's just I don't want to repay China with Gold (or anyone else for that matter),

We are a little like Greece you know.

we will be needing to inflate our way out of this mess fairly soon. (mostly it's the fixed income with no debt crowd that likes this flat currency Idea).

Really we don’t need anything from China or the middle east for that matter so I don’t worry about them not taking our money.

This is an excellent question and would undermine the entire Ron Paul plan - if his plan were to move to a gold based currency. His plan is to allow for competeing currencies. He wants people to be able to decide how to get paid. Right now gold and silver are taxable if you buy or sell them which makes them impractial for use as currency.
The Chinese own our Treasury Bonds which are redeemable in American dollars....not gold. If gold were allowed as a currency you and I could transact in whatever medium we wished and the Chinese would get paid in currency.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 27, 2011 - 2:54pm.

walterwhite wrote:
Pretty much everything works till it doesn't. Hasn't ever metals based currency also failed? I mean, the ones that failed.

No gold based currency has ever failed because there is a finite supply. Gold is mined at approximately the same rate every year and there have been no major technological breakthroughs in gold mining. Every fiat currency that has failed has gone back to gold or some other precious metal. This has happened hundreds if not thousands of times. If something has happened that many times in a row, I generally try to learn from it. I might be really crazy though.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 27, 2011 - 3:01pm.

pri_dk wrote:
markmax33 wrote:
EVERY SINGLE FIAT CURRENCY HAS FAILED IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

EXCEPT FOR THE ONES THAT HAVEN'T.

SUCH AS EVERY CURRENCY IN THE WORLD TODAY.

Ron Paul even wants to kill the Bald Eagles on dollar bills.

The man is ruthless.

pri_dk,
Why don't you try to give a counter arguement that makes sense instead of calling the most intersting man in the world - Ron Paul - names? Here are some recent currency failures including the 2nd largest economy in 1998 - Russia:

In 1932, Argentina had the eighth largest economy in the world before its currency collapsed. In 1992, Finland, Italy, and Norway had currency shocks that spread through Europe.

In 1994, Mexico went through the infamous “Tequila Hangover,” which sent the peso tumbling and spread economic hardships throughout Latin America.

In 1997, the Thai baht fell through the floor and the effects spread to Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and South Korea.

The Russian ruble was not the currency you wanted your investments denominated in in 1998, after its devaluation brought on economic recession. In the early 21st century, we have seen the Turkish lira experience strokes of hyperinflation similar to that of the mark of Weimar Germany.

In present times, we have Zimbabwe, which was once considered the breadbasket of Africa and was one of the wealthiest countries on the continent. Now Mugabe’s attempts at price controls, combined with hyperinflation, have the nation unable to supply the most basic essentials such as bread and clean water.

WE ARE 14.8 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT and bring in 2.5 Trillion dollars per year in taxes and spend 3.8 trillion per year. THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME FOLKS. Prove me wrong. Pri_dk - you are for destruction of our dollar and our government and you don't realize it but you hate bald eagles more than anyone.

Ron Paul 2012!

Submitted by SK in CV on October 27, 2011 - 6:59pm.

markmax33 wrote:
pri_dk wrote:
markmax33 wrote:
EVERY SINGLE FIAT CURRENCY HAS FAILED IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

EXCEPT FOR THE ONES THAT HAVEN'T.

SUCH AS EVERY CURRENCY IN THE WORLD TODAY.

Ron Paul even wants to kill the Bald Eagles on dollar bills.

The man is ruthless.

pri_dk,
Why don't you try to give a counter arguement that makes sense instead of calling the most intersting man in the world - Ron Paul - names? Here are some recent currency failures including the 2nd largest economy in 1998 - Russia:

In 1932, Argentina had the eighth largest economy in the world before its currency collapsed. In 1992, Finland, Italy, and Norway had currency shocks that spread through Europe.

In 1994, Mexico went through the infamous “Tequila Hangover,” which sent the peso tumbling and spread economic hardships throughout Latin America.

In 1997, the Thai baht fell through the floor and the effects spread to Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and South Korea.

The Russian ruble was not the currency you wanted your investments denominated in in 1998, after its devaluation brought on economic recession. In the early 21st century, we have seen the Turkish lira experience strokes of hyperinflation similar to that of the mark of Weimar Germany.

In present times, we have Zimbabwe, which was once considered the breadbasket of Africa and was one of the wealthiest countries on the continent. Now Mugabe’s attempts at price controls, combined with hyperinflation, have the nation unable to supply the most basic essentials such as bread and clean water.

WE ARE 14.8 TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT and bring in 2.5 Trillion dollars per year in taxes and spend 3.8 trillion per year. THIS IS A PONZI SCHEME FOLKS. Prove me wrong. Pri_dk - you are for destruction of our dollar and our government and you don't realize it but you hate bald eagles more than anyone.

Ron Paul 2012!

His argument made perfect sense, your defense of your argument did not. Your claim that every single fiat currency in the history of the world is both patently and demonstrably false. (It has not failed in the US, ergo, all have not failed.)

Additionally....

markmax33 wrote:

The federal reserve printed and handed out 15 Trillion dollars in loans last year which is about 7 times the amount of money the US government collects in taxes in one year. To me this means the federal reserve has atleast 7 times the power of the US federal government and nobody even realizes it.

is a logical fallacy. Unless you can prove a logical and directly proportional nexus as to the relationship between Fed loans and annual Federal government tax collections as it relates to "power" your claim is worthless. To me this means that anyone making such a rediculous argument is as loony as Ron Paul.

We need more roads!

Submitted by all on October 27, 2011 - 8:18pm.

markmax33 wrote:
walterwhite wrote:
Why is he so old?

Ron Paul is probably the fittest of the candidates and challenged all the presidential contenders to join him on his 20 mile bike ride in the middle of the summer in Houston with 110 degree temps and 100% humidity. He is the world's most interesting man in real life and can defeat Chuck Norris while delivering twin babies and drinking a Dos Equis.

But, why is he so old?

Submitted by harvey on October 27, 2011 - 8:21pm.

markmax33 wrote:
To me this means the federal reserve has atleast 7 times the power of the US federal government and nobody even realizes it.

Seven times more powerful than the US federal government?

The Fed must have a lot of nuclear weapons.

How many did they count in the recent audit?

Submitted by markmax33 on October 28, 2011 - 8:39am.

Since it has been proven many times that the banks finance both sides of all wars and make money on every weapon made and bailed out companies in the military industrial complex it is clear they are linked. When the banks went to Congress in 2008 and said, "bail us out or the world will end", they certanly proved who the boss was to the GOV by holding a gun to congress's head. Do you not see an issue with the federal reserve loaning out 20 TIMES what congress authorized for TARP? Are you crazy? You don't seem to answer any of my legitimate questions which makes you a horrible debater. I answer every single one of yours with a VERY LOGICAL train of thought with proof, evidence and history.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 28, 2011 - 8:55am.

SK in CV wrote:

EXCEPT FOR THE ONES THAT HAVEN'T.

SUCH AS EVERY CURRENCY IN THE WORLD TODAY.

Ron Paul even wants to kill the Bald Eagles on dollar bills.

His argument made perfect sense, your defense of your argument did not. Your claim that every single fiat currency in the history of the world is both patently and demonstrably false. (It has not failed in the US, ergo, all have not failed.)

Additionally....

is a logical fallacy. Unless you can prove a logical and directly proportional nexus as to the relationship between Fed loans and annual Federal government tax collections as it relates to "power" your claim is worthless. To me this means that anyone making such a rediculous argument is as loony as Ron Paul.

We need more roads!

SK in CV,
I'm sorry you haven't read history. I guess you are correct, out of the 1000 fiat currencies in history there are the current 10 or so that haven't defaulted yet. You really have to study inflation and seem to have no concept of the pain of inflation. It is a slow drain on the economy and shifts power from the middle class. A great example is my grandparents and parents both could survive on a 1-income family with a single paying job and send all the children to school with no problems. There are almost no 1-income families that can do what my parents and grandparents did. I'm not arguing women shouldn't work, I'm arguing they are forced to work now because of inflation.
Why do you disregard your founding fathers who expressly prohibited a central bank because they knew what inflation would do to the society? Why don't you answer my questions? Do you enjoy the 10% + inflation we have right now? Don't tell me the GOV number is only 3% because that number excludes WAAAAY too many things.
To me when 990 out of 1000 failures have occurred and we see the Euro starting to go into default, it is time to address the problem. My 100% valid argument is that if the currency defaults there will be no money for environmental programs and people will be worried about trying to eat and not care about the bald eagles. He is therefore in favor of killing the bald eagles if he doesn't vote for Ron Paul because he is the only one that will tackle the federal reserve and inflation. I think I have proven my point quite well. He has proven no point that the bald eagles would be extinct without an EPA. That is an assumption at best and 99% a lie based on CAL/EPA and other local environmental groups that make the national EPA redundant.

Submitted by SK in CV on October 28, 2011 - 12:46pm.

markmax33 wrote:
Since it has been proven many times that the banks finance both sides of all wars and make money on every weapon made and bailed out companies in the military industrial complex it is clear they are linked..

Proven? Citation please please on all 3 assertions.

markmax33 wrote:
When the banks went to Congress in 2008 and said, "bail us out or the world will end", they certanly proved who the boss was to the GOV by holding a gun to congress's head.

Logical fallacy-begging the question. Citation please for any bank going to Congress and saying "bail us out or the world will end".

markmax33 wrote:
Do you not see an issue with the federal reserve loaning out 20 TIMES what congress authorized for TARP? Are you crazy?

Logical fallacy-straw man argument. No assertion was made that I see no problem with it.

markmax33 wrote:

You don't seem to answer any of my legitimate questions which makes you a horrible debater. I answer every single one of yours with a VERY LOGICAL train of thought with proof, evidence and history.

You have offered no logic, no proof, no evidence, in fact, you've offered nothing more than inconclusive rhetoric.

What was your question again?

Submitted by SK in CV on October 28, 2011 - 1:08pm.

markmax33 wrote:

SK in CV,
I'm sorry you haven't read history. I guess you are correct, out of the 1000 fiat currencies in history there are the current 10 or so that haven't defaulted yet.

I have read history, thank you for acknowledging that your assertion is false. (I quite sure there are more than 10 fiat currencies operating in the world today. Exaggeration works well in comedy, in serious discussion, not so much.)

markmax33 wrote:

You really have to study inflation and seem to have no concept of the pain of inflation. It is a slow drain on the economy and shifts power from the middle class.

I have studied inflation. Worked much of my career as an economist. In re-reading everything you've written here, I'm quite sure you haven't made any assertions about inflation until this one. I would successfully argue that it shifts power from the lower economic class even more than from the middle class.

markmax33 wrote:

A great example is my grandparents and parents both could survive on a 1-income family with a single paying job and send all the children to school with no problems. There are almost no 1-income families that can do what my parents and grandparents did. I'm not arguing women shouldn't work, I'm arguing they are forced to work now because of inflation.

No disagreement with your conclusion, although anectodal evidence is of little value.

markmax33 wrote:

Why do you disregard your founding fathers who expressly prohibited a central bank because they knew what inflation would do to the society? Why don't you answer my questions?

I haven't disregarded them, though I hardly consider them mine. And there you go with begging the question again.

I haven't answered the question because you never asked this one before now. My answer is as above, I haven't disregarded them.

markmax33 wrote:

Do you enjoy the 10% + inflation we have right now? Don't tell me the GOV number is only 3% because that number excludes WAAAAY too many things.

Again with the begging the question. I don't enjoy inflation. Though it might be more preferable than attempting to exchange ideas with an idealogue. There are numerous ways to measure inflation. Do you have a comprehensive method that has measured it at 10% or more?

markmax33 wrote:

To me when 990 out of 1000 failures have occurred and we see the Euro starting to go into default, it is time to address the problem. My 100% valid argument is that if the currency defaults there will be no money for environmental programs and people will be worried about trying to eat and not care about the bald eagles.

Really, you're worried about the bald eagle?

markmax33 wrote:

He is therefore in favor of killing the bald eagles if he doesn't vote for Ron Paul because he is the only one that will tackle the federal reserve and inflation.

Who is he? Not there, the other place.

markmax33 wrote:

I think I have proven my point quite well. He has proven no point that the bald eagles would be extinct without an EPA. That is an assumption at best and 99% a lie based on CAL/EPA and other local environmental groups that make the national EPA redundant.

Like I said, we need more roads.

Thank you for sharing.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 28, 2011 - 1:29pm.

Proven? Citation please please on all 3 assertions.

The Federal Reserve made a huge loan to the Libyan National Bank which was reported in the audit of the Federal Reserve you can easily look that up. We just destroyed Libya.

During WWII there was a fuel additive that was owned by the Rockafeller banking cartel that founded the federal reserve and they were selling it to the Germans. The german planes couldn't fly with out it. This is documented in many places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

I could find many more.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 28, 2011 - 1:35pm.

The CPI the government used in the 1980s shows an 11% inflation rate. Why did they change it? They knew the perception of inflation was very detrmintal. I certainly pay for healthcare and gas and all of those things not the "core CPI" measure. A real measure includes everything. I don't even think the old CPI index was really honest. As a nearly extinct Kenysian economist you should know that.

http://dailybail.com/home/chart-the-real...

Submitted by markmax33 on October 28, 2011 - 1:37pm.

SK in CV,
The grandparents and parents anology is far from anecedotal. It has happened to EVERY SINGLE family in the country. You seem to really not understand the term annecdotal?

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 28, 2011 - 1:42pm.

I prefer owls to eagles.

Isn't it a tad late in the game to start acting responsibly with our currency?

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 28, 2011 - 1:43pm.

My dad told me to never trust a man w two first names.

Submitted by markmax33 on October 28, 2011 - 1:43pm.

SK in CV,
Did you predict the housing bubble as a professional economist? I predicted it in 2003 for my thesis for my MBA class before I ever found this blog. Ron Paul predicted it and there are several videos to prove it. I think all economists should be immediately fired if they can't predict a bubble forming in the economy because they are really easy to pick out. Look and see where the FED and the GOV are intervening in ANY market and there will be your next bubble. Again did you predict the housing bubble? Did you write any papers on it? Please share.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.