San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
OT: Ideas For Gun Owner Accountability
User Forum Topic
Submitted by KIBU on January 2, 2013 - 11:17pm
1. Gun Licensing: residents must take a gun safety course, and pass a written test on gun laws. Annual license fee applies.
2. Gun Registration: all firearms must be registered. A background check, training, and testing of the gun owner are required.
3. Mandatory Liability Insurance: victims of gun violence need to be compensated for the direct harm caused by gun. There is a great risk that guns can be misused and it need to be taken into account with liability insurance.
4. Guns, Bullets, Magazine Sale or Transfer Surtax: Tobacco products surtax in CA is about 31%. The cost of society to maintain liberty for people to own guns should be accounted for and partly compensated for with surtax on guns, bullets, magazines.
5. Change: get the 2nd amendment out of America's way. Nothing is all perfect all the time, including the constitution. Eventually, America will have to be practical and real in its dealing with avoidable deaths every year. If it can not protect its own children, that is the most terrible failure of any country, culture or civilization, I don't care how rich you are.
~Active forum topics~
~SD Home Price Snapshot~
|* Investment advisory services and securities offered through Girard Securities, Inc., member FINRA and SIPC. Investment advisory services also offered through Crawford Capital Management, Inc. Pacific Capital Associates and Crawford Capital Management, Inc. are not affiliated with Girard Securities, Inc.|