OT: hilarious gun hijinks!

User Forum Topic
Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 19, 2013 - 6:46pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-r...

guns sure are safe when handled by experienced folk who really care about guns, like at a gun show!

I bet he will be really useful as part of a well regualted militia in fending off the feds.

need a bit more training so they can figure out how not to kille ach other and shoot at the federal enemy...

why should he lose his 2nd am. right after a mere accident? He needs more guns! bigger guns!

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 19, 2013 - 6:59pm.

oh wait...there was another incident at indiana!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-c...

maybe this is a vast anti gun conspiracy to make fake accident at gun shows to make gunownership seem more dangerous than it really is..

Submitted by flu on January 20, 2013 - 12:03am.
Submitted by ucodegen on January 20, 2013 - 2:31am.

squat300 wrote:
oh wait...there was another incident at indiana!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-c...

maybe this is a vast anti gun conspiracy to make fake accident at gun shows to make gunownership seem more dangerous than it really is..

And you expect that to support your position on gun control? Why? Is it a challenge to find comparable idiocy w/ people being injured w/o a gun? If that is the case.. you'll lose. Youtube is just littered with videos of people being idiots with out the help of a firearm.. some being pretty badly injured in the process.. Try combinations of autos, skateboards, bicycles, snowboards, roofs, partial snow, ATVs, tall buildings near pools.

Maybe we should regulate squatting w/o a cert or licensing because improper form, inexperience, too much weight.. can send you to the hospital...

Submitted by KIBU on January 20, 2013 - 9:50am.

It says that we as a society should not be over relying on the "responsibility" of the mass in handling deadly things such as guns. It needs strict regulations just the same way we deal with car driving. After which, though, of course there are still accidents like this that can occur. But we need to minimize the risks.

The following is the story of the mom forgeting the loaded magazine and the gun in the backpack that her son took to school and then gave to other student. No one was hurt and that was the lucky outcome. If you leave it to anybody, all of them always say they are "responsible". But you see how people drive out there in the freeway sometimes right?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/18/us/new-yor...

Submitted by flu on January 20, 2013 - 10:38am.

I think the solution is very simple. We should tax every bullet bought, tax every shot fired, and tax every shell thrown in the trash.

We should also tax progressively...After XXXX rounds of amno fired per year, above which a 20% surcharge is assessed from XXXX to YYYY. And then anything over YYYY is taxed at 40% surcharge per shot.

This will punish heavy amno users (who are more proned to discharging semi-auto to automatic weapons in a reckless way)...

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 10:48am.

ucodegen wrote:
squat300 wrote:
oh wait...there was another incident at indiana!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-c...

maybe this is a vast anti gun conspiracy to make fake accident at gun shows to make gunownership seem more dangerous than it really is..

And you expect that to support your position on gun control? Why? Is it a challenge to find comparable idiocy w/ people being injured w/o a gun? If that is the case.. you'll lose. Youtube is just littered with videos of people being idiots with out the help of a firearm.. some being pretty badly injured in the process.. Try combinations of autos, skateboards, bicycles, snowboards, roofs, partial snow, ATVs, tall buildings near pools.

Maybe we should regulate squatting w/o a cert or licensing because improper form, inexperience, too much weight.. can send you to the hospital...

Perhaps. But if I squat incorrectly I don't pop every bystanders vertebrae.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 11:43am.

it just si kind of hilarious that it's at a "gun show". personally, I would feel at risk of accidental shooting there, and Im sure all the gun proponents would tell me how silly that is. not as at risk as i did out by lk elsinore when those people were just kind of shooting, but still, surrounded by dudes with guns, not knowing if they were loaded, i'd feel like, hey, this is not cool.

and im sure everyone there is like, yeah man, we are gun connoisseurs, here at the gun show. the guy who shot the shotgun and peppered the three people, including the deputy sheriff wasn't even handling the gun improperly yet, he was unfastening the case when the gun went off! beautiful!

accidental discharge tally went up, apparently, there was a third incident in OH:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-c...

speaking of youtube videos, supposedly my kids tell me there is a video of a gun safety expert giving a gun safety lecture when he accidentally shoots himself in the leg.

i think I win with that one, if it exists. hard to argue he'san idiot. hard to argue the guy unfastening the case actually is an idiot.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 11:45am.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/gu...

ahh here it is.

now this is funny.

DEA agent shoots himself while lecturing kids on gun safety. true.

oh man.

hard to tell who the dipshits are ex ante.

therefore, I would presume all a y'all are dipshits....

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 11:48am.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/gu...

ahh here it is.

now this is funny.

DEA agent shoots himself while lecturing kids on gun safety. true.

oh man.

hard to tell who the dipshits are ex ante.

therefore, I would presume all a y'all are dipshits....

SO...in conclusion...a fucking DEA undercover cop brings a gun into a school...

to lecture about GUN SAFETY...

and discharges it accidentally injuring himself...

and people want to arm teachers????!!!!!

gak!

Submitted by ucodegen on January 20, 2013 - 4:29pm.

squat300 wrote:
ucodegen wrote:
squat300 wrote:
oh wait...there was another incident at indiana!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-c...

maybe this is a vast anti gun conspiracy to make fake accident at gun shows to make gunownership seem more dangerous than it really is..

And you expect that to support your position on gun control? Why? Is it a challenge to find comparable idiocy w/ people being injured w/o a gun? If that is the case.. you'll lose. Youtube is just littered with videos of people being idiots with out the help of a firearm.. some being pretty badly injured in the process.. Try combinations of autos, skateboards, bicycles, snowboards, roofs, partial snow, ATVs, tall buildings near pools.

Maybe we should regulate squatting w/o a cert or licensing because improper form, inexperience, too much weight.. can send you to the hospital...

Perhaps. But if I squat incorrectly I don't pop every bystanders vertebrae.

Yes, but because of how insurance works... they pay for it!

Submitted by ucodegen on January 20, 2013 - 4:32pm.

squat300 wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/gunsafety.asp

ahh here it is.

now this is funny.

DEA agent shoots himself while lecturing kids on gun safety. true.

oh man.

hard to tell who the dipshits are ex ante.

therefore, I would presume all a y'all are dipshits....

And how do we trust these guys to protect us??? They act almost like the keystone cops!

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 5:18pm.

ucodegen wrote:
squat300 wrote:
ucodegen wrote:
squat300 wrote:
oh wait...there was another incident at indiana!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/19/us/north-c...

maybe this is a vast anti gun conspiracy to make fake accident at gun shows to make gunownership seem more dangerous than it really is..

And you expect that to support your position on gun control? Why? Is it a challenge to find comparable idiocy w/ people being injured w/o a gun? If that is the case.. you'll lose. Youtube is just littered with videos of people being idiots with out the help of a firearm.. some being pretty badly injured in the process.. Try combinations of autos, skateboards, bicycles, snowboards, roofs, partial snow, ATVs, tall buildings near pools.

Maybe we should regulate squatting w/o a cert or licensing because improper form, inexperience, too much weight.. can send you to the hospital...

Perhaps. But if I squat incorrectly I don't pop every bystanders vertebrae.

Yes, but because of how insurance works... they pay for it!

Good point. Still I have a greater incentive to not hurt myself, since I love my back, than guntards have not to spray buckshot at a gumshoe, since that's just an accident costing others pain.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 6:15pm.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say an undercover DEA agent has 20 x more training and experience with firearms than the avg gun enthusiast.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 6:16pm.

I would like some stats on accidental discharges at gun shows. Seems unlikely 3 incidents in a weekend is an aberration while issue is in the headline.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 6:18pm.

I would love to see some boratesque character go to a gun show and preach about gun control.

Maybe I could get famous doing that.

Submitted by KIBU on January 20, 2013 - 10:19pm.

5 dead today at one scene. An assault riffle among the weapons. 15 years old arrested. Victims maybe family, pending investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/20/justice/ne...

Submitted by ucodegen on January 20, 2013 - 8:44pm.

squat300 wrote:
Good point. Still I have a greater incentive to not hurt myself, since I love my back, than guntards have not to spray buckshot at a gumshoe, since that's just an accident costing others pain.
I don't know.. I don't think that spending time in cell with 6'8" Bubba who has not seen a woman in 30 years as something w/o pain...

squat300 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say an undercover DEA agent has 20 x more training and experience with firearms than the avg gun enthusiast.
I think those that have more experience are military - army. They have to be able to do teardowns and reassembly while under fire. I have also had a police officer as a roommate. They are sometimes a little too casual with the firearm...

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 20, 2013 - 9:11pm.

ucodegen wrote:
squat300 wrote:
Good point. Still I have a greater incentive to not hurt myself, since I love my back, than guntards have not to spray buckshot at a gumshoe, since that's just an accident costing others pain.
I don't know.. I don't think that spending time in cell with 6'8" Bubba who has not seen a woman in 30 years as something w/o pain...

squat300 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say an undercover DEA agent has 20 x more training and experience with firearms than the avg gun enthusiast.
I think those that have more experience are military - army. They have to be able to do teardowns and reassembly while under fire. I have also had a police officer as a roommate. They are sometimes a little too casual with the firearm...

1. Probably not a crime . Accident.

2. If all cops who give him safety classes cannot be 100 perc trusted to be safe, then no one is trustworthy w a firearm in public.

Submitted by ucodegen on January 21, 2013 - 1:31pm.

squat300 wrote:
1. Probably not a crime . Accident.

2. If all cops who give him safety classes cannot be 100 perc trusted to be safe, then no one is trustworthy w a firearm in public.


1. depends... if person dies = manslaughter, definite crime. A lot depends upon negligence and intent.

2. Interesting position. But you have to realize, nobody is 100% safe... it is just not possible. I do tend to worry about the fringe ownership of firearms.. as well as law enforcement. The former tends to be too rabid, the latter tends to be a little too casual.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 21, 2013 - 9:54pm.

not all deaths are crimes. sometimes it's just an accident. we don't send people to prison unless they act with criminal intent. A mere accident, at least in california, is never a crime.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 21, 2013 - 10:14pm.

ucodegen wrote:
squat300 wrote:
1. Probably not a crime . Accident.

2. If all cops who give him safety classes cannot be 100 perc trusted to be safe, then no one is trustworthy w a firearm in public.


1. depends... if person dies = manslaughter, definite crime. A lot depends upon negligence and intent.

2. Interesting position. But you have to realize, nobody is 100% safe... it is just not possible. I do tend to worry about the fringe ownership of firearms.. as well as law enforcement. The former tends to be too rabid, the latter tends to be a little too casual.

nobody is 100% safe...so...ah, including the "fringe" and all law enforcement, what percent of safety can I expect whilst touring my lcoal gun show?

Submitted by ucodegen on January 22, 2013 - 7:38am.

squat300 wrote:
nobody is 100% safe...so...ah, including the "fringe" and all law enforcement, what percent of safety can I expect whilst touring my lcoal gun show?
Better than walking through East LA during the day.. Much better than walking through East LA at night. Not as secure as walking through Pahrump, NV at night.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 22, 2013 - 8:42am.

hmm. sounds pretty dangerous, if those are the benchmark comaprisons..

Submitted by scaredyclassic on January 22, 2013 - 11:45pm.

Ever since new town it seems like we have to read about some dumb shooting every day.

So irritating. What's the big deal?

Why can't we read about stabbings or slip n falls?

Why is it all shootings all the time on the news cycle?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/22/justice/te...

like, why is this news today/ Did more people choke on steak? why don't we outlaw steak? why don't we have federally mandated chewing programs? Why don't we just have federally mandated dental police, for that matter...

hey wait, that was vermin supreme's platform!

also the coach at eisenhower high in san bernardino got shot last night. if only he'd been heavily armed and had his gun drawn as he was approaching that public restroom...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.