San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
Benefits package question: IT field
User Forum Topic
Submitted by kev374 on November 30, 2012 - 5:57pm
I have been a IT consultant for the last several years and not in touch with what is the norm as far as benefits are concerned. For a Senior IT engineer (12+ yrs experience) what would be considered a good benefits package?
- How many weeks of vacation (excluding sick and personal time)
- How many sick days (in addition to the above):
- Personal days (I know I had 2-3 of these when I was full time about 6 yrs ago)
- How much of a 401k match (some recruiter told me that 401k matches are not common these days due to the recession, is that BS?)
- How much of a bonus is normal? 10%?
- Is telecommuting at least 1-2 days normal?
Anything else I should know?
Last question is this... what does the normal work week look like in terms of hours? 45 hrs/wk, 50 hrs/wk? Is working Saturdays normal? I have worked Saturdays only on emergencies in my 15 year career but not as part of standard operating procedure.
~Financial Market Commentary~
*Investment advisory services and securities offered through Girard Securities, Inc., member SIPC/FINRA.
~Active forum topics~
~SD Home Price Snapshot~