San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
Benefits package question: IT field
User Forum Topic
Submitted by kev374 on November 30, 2012 - 5:57pm
I have been a IT consultant for the last several years and not in touch with what is the norm as far as benefits are concerned. For a Senior IT engineer (12+ yrs experience) what would be considered a good benefits package?
- How many weeks of vacation (excluding sick and personal time)
- How many sick days (in addition to the above):
- Personal days (I know I had 2-3 of these when I was full time about 6 yrs ago)
- How much of a 401k match (some recruiter told me that 401k matches are not common these days due to the recession, is that BS?)
- How much of a bonus is normal? 10%?
- Is telecommuting at least 1-2 days normal?
Anything else I should know?
Last question is this... what does the normal work week look like in terms of hours? 45 hrs/wk, 50 hrs/wk? Is working Saturdays normal? I have worked Saturdays only on emergencies in my 15 year career but not as part of standard operating procedure.
~Active forum topics~
~SD Home Price Snapshot~
|* Rich Toscano is a registered representative of and offers securities and investment advisory services through Girard Securities, Inc., a registered Broker/Dealer, Registered Investment Advisor, and member FINRA/SIPC. Pacific Capital Associates is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Girard Securities. The views and opinions expressed on this site are not those of Pacific Capital Associates or Girard Securities, Inc. The information on this site should not be construed as investment advice.|